RESOLVED: Re: PL/SQL not as easy as it looks.

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_trixie.kosman.via.ayuda.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 12:18:37 -0800

I found the problem a few minutes after posting (I hate when that happens). My UPDATE had no WHERE clause, so it was updating 6M rows about 5K times each. I don't blame rollback segments for going on strike.

I wrote:

> I'm trying my first PL/SQL program, to recode an update to a summary
> table that was originally three SQL commands. The result is a program
> that looks right, and works on very small inputs, but runs very
> slowly and crashes before finishing on real inputs (it fails in extending
> a rollback segment).

<snip snip -- rest of message deleted>
--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kogorman_at_pacbell.net At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Sun Dec 26 1999 - 14:18:37 CST