Re: how do I import MS Access database into Oracle 8i?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 21:43:32 +0100

There are two ways do this:
Oracle provides an MS-Access migration wizard. The other option is use ODBC, and export your Access tables to the Oracle database via an ODBC connection.
Warning: all your Access identifiers (table names, column names) need to be in uppercase without spaces or you need to enclose everything in "" in Oracle. The Oracle Migration Wizard takes care of that automatically.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA