Help Wanted -- Hangs up when creating index

From: Lane Shen <laneshen_at_direct.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 10:44:22 -0800

We are using Oracle8i 8.1.5 on HPUX with partition option. We have a SQL

statement to create table using partition method to store the primary key. After we created the new database, everyting was working fine including the statement mentioned above. After the database was running for some days, the statement could not work any more. It kept running forever. We seperated the statement to two parts. One is to create table

and one is to alter table adding primary key constraint. The table was created but the other one to add constraint hanged there. Then we don't add this constraint, instead we created unique index on it. It still hanged. We tried to create non-unique index. It was the same thing.

Any body encountered such problem before? Any body can help?

Thanks in advance
Lane Received on Fri Dec 24 1999 - 12:44:22 CST