Re: Loading LONG data in SQLLoader

From: Michael T. Smith <mtsmith_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:11:00 -0600

The following should work:

        mylong.ctl:
                --  Long loader example.
                --   Records cannot exceed 65535 bytes in this form.
                --   The Primary Key is assumed to START in the 3rd column
                --      of the first line of the file and be terminated with
                --      a Ctrl-G (X'07').
                --    Ctrl-G is *NOT* allowed to appear anywhere else in the
                --      file.
                --
                LOAD DATA
                INFILE mylong.dat "fix 65535"

        and with a SQL*Loader command line of the form:

                sqlldr userid=scott/tiger bindsize=100000 control=mylong

Michael Smith