Re: How best to recreate a table

From: Kevin O'Gorman <kevin_at_trixie.kosman.via.ayuda.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 21:29:14 -0800

Perhaps I should add that what I'm doing now is that I have a copy of the table and I copy it back as needed (create table ... as select * from copy). It takes almost an hour, even when set unrecoverable.

I was hoping to use the OS to uncompress an image of a datafile and somehow trick the backup/restore stuff to graft that into a database as a new tablespace. That ought to take just a few minutes. If Oracle can be persuaded no to be too picky about sequence numbers.

I will accept other answers, too.

--
Kevin O'Gorman (805) 650-6274 kogorman_at_pacbell.net At school: kogorman_at_cs.ucsb.edu
Permanent e-mail forwarder: Kevin.O'Gorman.64_at_Alum.Dartmouth.org Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 23:29:14 CST