How do I modify a cursor declaration?

From: Calvin Crumrine <Calvin_Crumrine_at_dced.state.ak.us>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:47:36 -0900

I've been assigned to write a Pro*COBOL report program that needs to execute the same cursor twice with different order by clauses.

I can declare two cursors that are identical except for the order by clause, but since I don't need to execute both cursors simultaneously it seems as if I should be able to declare one cursor with a variable order by clause, if I can only figure out how to do it.

Any ideas? I'm pretty sure I could convince my boss to let me write it in PL/SQL if I could show him how it could be done there, but nobody in the office really knows much about anything except COBOL. We're just switching to Oracle.

Thanks. Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 16:47:36 CST