Re: A simple (but stupid) question.

From: Ed Prochak <prochak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:41:16 GMT

In article <386016BE.B313A39B_at_freesurf.ch>,   hoang-vu_at_freesurf.ch wrote:
> Ed Prochak wrote:
> >
> > In article <E4p64.3626$PV6.376554_at_news4.usenetserver.com>,
> > "Wm. G. Urquhart" <william_at_devnet-uk.net> wrote:
> > > I would like to include the logic in my script to drop a table
(for
> > example)
> > > if it already exists. How do I do this.
> > >
> > > William.
> > >
> > > P.S. I did say that it was stupid.
> > >

> > Just put it in the same SQL script like this:
> >
> > drop table friends;
> > create table friends
> > (Name VARCHAR2(25) not null,
> > Age NUMBER,
> > birthdate DATE);
> > insert into friends values
> > ('BART SARJEANT',
> > 22,
> > TO_DATE('12-MAY-1946','DD-MON-YYYY') );
> >
> > and START it (START file.sql).
> >
> > BTW there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers.
> You are right ! But are you joking ? Otherwise think to
> your answer :-)

What I mean is

No question is stupid,

the person asking the question is not stupid, they are just uninformed and by asking, they are seeking the information they need,

there are some stupid answers which do not provide the information and may lead them in the wrong direction

but not all answers are stupid. In fact I hope the one I gave was both correct and helpful.

The comment was meant to bring a smile, so it looks like, in your case at least, I succeeded.

Happy programming. Merry Christmas!

--
Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 07:41:16 CST