HELP !!!! [Oracle]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

From: Rene Rijbroek <renefr_at_casema.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 07:03:43 +0100

PLEASE Help Me,

I have an oracle database running on a window NT 4.0 enterprise server. Everything was ok and working fine. Until suddenly i can not access the oracle database using ODBC. When i do try, i get the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I have also checked the TNSNAMES.ORA which has no errors at all. Oracle it self even recognizes the tns name. TnsPing80 returns OK. It just ODBC that's not working at all anymore (it used to).

I have tried everything, newest ODBC drivers, windows NT sp6 etc. etc. etc. Can anyone help me, i saw the exact question posted on a message board a while back with no answers at all. Please, is there somebody who knows how to solve this problem. The only thing i can think of is to reinstall the whole computer, there has to be an other way.

Thx in advance, Rene Rijbroek Received on Wed Dec 22 1999 - 00:03:43 CST