COMMIT trouble in trigger

From: Paul Cluiss <paul_cluiss_at_intervoice.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:50:22 -0600

Hello, everyone.

I have a statement trigger set to fire after insert, delete, or update of table A. Inside this trigger, I have a single statement which calls a packaged stored procedure which updates table B. My problem is that Oracle keeps telling me that my refresh procedure cannot issue a COMMIT statement because it was called from a trigger. Well, why not? Don't I need to COMMIT my changes to table B? Or is there some way to setup the trigger to tell it that COMMITS aren't so bad inside this trigger afterall?

Thanks,

Paul Cluiss,
Dallas, Texas Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 15:50:22 CST