Re: oracle limitations

From: Phung Hoang-Vu <hoang-vu_at_freesurf.ch>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 16:45:36 +0100

Hi,
I can't give you any numbers but I think that: first you fixe yourself the number of concurrent users then you set this limit in your webdb ou whatever and a as a goal to get.

The problem is that:
Do you have complex queries or very simple ? In the first case, pay attention
to write performant queries.

Are there concurrent updates or simple consultations ? In the first case,
pay attention to locking situations ==> slow down your response time.

Otherwise, one of the most important factor is the answer response of your hard disks (think about disk repartionning).

Cheers.