i/o help

From: Haris Kusumo <hkusumo_at_elixir.com.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:01:41 +1100

Hi,

Can you tell me which OWA package should I use to upload a file (i.e. word doc, text, binary, etc..) and insert them into oracle database and also to download the file and call external viewer to view the file.

i.e. when user store video information they also want to store word document or sound or short video to the database. I also want to be able to when user view the video description to be able to click on the sound link for sound attachment or video attachment or word document attachment and download it from database and launch the appropriate viewer (for example launch and play video player when user click on video clip attachment, etc..), Can I do this via normal web browser with out using java.

Can I also do mail out using PL/SQL (i.e. if a user click on send-info to friend, I would like to be able to call PL/SQL to send e-mail to specified e-mail address.

I appreciated if you could e-mail me the reply to hkusumo_at_elixir.com.au

Thanks in advance.
- Haris - Received on Mon Dec 20 1999 - 00:01:41 CST