Re: SQL Books

From: Doug O'Leary <dkoleary_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 13:29:40 -0600

In article <83g3gb$eum$1_at_nnrp03.primenet.com>, schmerd_at_primenet.com says...
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0072118458/qid=945525010/sr=1-3/002-4
> 421536-2765820
>
> sql the complete reference

I just returned that book as I was having an incredibly difficult time getting the tables and data loaded the way the book says. It's geared towards completely standard sql; to which, as I understand it, Oracle has some additions. The complete reference book doesn't go into details on how to create the tables until 3/4s of the way through - and, unfortunately, doesn't have any oracle specific table creation scripts that neophytes like myself could use.

In its place, I'm trying SQL Unleashed. Just got in the door with it, so I'm not sure if I'm going to have any more luck with that than I did with the complete reference.

Doug

--

Douglas K. O'Leary
Senior System Admin