TNS - No listener on WIN 98 with Oracle 8i Lite.

From: Kim M. Lombard <kim_lombard_at_thegrid.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:05:05 -0800

When I try to do a tcp/ip connection to my oracle 8i lite on windows98 OS I get the ORA-12224 error, that is I can't find a TNS listener server. (where can I find documentation on how to do this)??? On NT I must start ora80tns service, but under windows98 what must do i do ???

I've tried to configure the options for the listener using the Oracle Net8 Assistant exactly the same as NT (the NT Oracle 8 Enterprise works) but the Win 98 won't... Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 17:05:05 CST