Problem creating new database

From: <steve65dupont_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:26:05 GMT

I am trying to create a new database according to the instructions posted on http://ora.npac.syr.edu/doc733/DOC/SERVER/DOC/NTSGS/ch5.htm

I have been able to create an new database instance, SLPD, with my INIT file, but I am not able use my INIT file to startup the database use the command in Server Manager:

STARTUP NOMOUNT PFILE=E:\ORANT\DATABASE\INITSLPD.ORA When it gets to the line: db_files = 20 in INITSLPD.ORA it bombs with the following errors:

LCC-00112: illegal integer radix specification [db_files] ORA-01078: failure in processing system parameters

When you look error LCC-00112 it says its looking for d,h,D,H. Can somebody please tell me what I am messing up on.

Thank You Steve.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 12:26:05 CST