Tracking User Acces (Performance Impact of Audit Session?)

From: <gthollingsworth_at_gpu.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 18:15:55 GMT

We have a need to track how often users are accessing a specific database (Oracle 7.3.4). It seems that I can easily track when they logon and who is logging on by using "audit session whenever successful" then extracting the username and terminal from dba_audit_session. My concern is the impact on system performance. Tablespace is not a concern as the intention is to extract the information on a daily basis then truncate the SYS.AUD$ table after the extraction and we believe that average daily use is < 100 users. Server is RISC, RS-6000, 512 MB RAM. Does anyone have any experience using "AUDIT SESSION" with some assessment of the impact on system performance?

Thanks!
Jerry

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 12:15:55 CST