Re: Modeling Question

From: Mark Preston <mark_at_mpreston.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 16:32:13 GMT

Big con - if someone moves house or has more than one address, you can't store details. You can't sort by surname. You can't find people from addresses.

Try this:

Client : 	fld_social	(social security number)
	fld_surname	(surname)
	fld_forenames	(forenames)

Address:	fld_ID		(address ID, eg. autonumbered)
	fld_street		(address line 1)
	fld_location	(address city)
	fld_region	(address state)
	fld_code		(address postal code)

Index:	fld_social	(social security number)
	fld_address	(address ID)

Relationships:	Client -> Index	one-to-many, cascade deletes, updates
		Address -> Index	one-to-many, also cascaded

That should do you. Better yet, hire me to do it for you.

--
Mark A Preston BSc, FIAP
Business Manager, MicroFix Systems Solutions mark_at_mpreston.demon.co.uk Received on Fri Dec 17 1999 - 10:32:13 CST