Re: Are 5 Ora 7.3.3 Instances on 1 NT Box a good practice ?

From: Mike Morgan <mmorgan1_at_mail.tds.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:41:06 GMT

Actually it's all a matter of perpective and "user expectations". We have 18 databases, whose average SGA is about 50MB, running on a single NT workstation (2 133 MHz processors, 1 GB RAM, 1GB pagefile) running Oracle 7.3.4 and, aside from the inevitable "queries from Hell", performance is not bad. I wouldn't recommend this configuration for life-or-death real-time nuclear facilities but, in a pinch, most NT servers can handle 5 instances.

Mike Morgan

<945324597.3608.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl>...