"Error occur during linking libsql.a in Unix "

From: <oraleewk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:56:26 GMT

hello all,

  When I was implementing dynamic method 4 and using SQLDA in Oracle 7 under UNIX environment. The code passed compile but linking error occured at the end.

//====Problem Description=====
  The linker was complaining that
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .sqlda(int, unsigned int, unsigned int)

Besides, more detail information generated by ld is as below.

(ld): lib
/fads/cots/appl/oracle/product/v1/7.3/lib/libsql.a (ld): lib
/fads/cots/appl/oracle/product/v1/7.3/lib/libsqlne t.a
.
.
.

(ld): i dbConvert.o
.
.

ld: 0711-318 ERROR: undefined symbols were found.

Symbol Inpndx TY CL Source-File

.sqlald__FiUiT2 [104] ER PR dbConvert.cpp

But, it confuses me very much that although the required library "libsql.a" was linked before the calling object "dbConvert.o", the undefined symbol linking error still exists.

Even, I ever tried to extract sqlda.o from libsql.a to do manual linking, the error just won't go away.

Did anybody ever encounter the similar problem while working with oracle in UNIX environment ?

Your Help will be highly appreciated !

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 14:56:26 CST