Re: SQL (and sqlplus) Help - Null values and calculated columns

From: Davide Saya <dvdsya_at_libero.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 18:48:29 GMT

Try the function NVL(column, value returned by NVL if column is null); if column is not null NVL returns the value really stored.

An interesting question is: Why your UPDATE doesn't work? A possible answer is (keep in mind that I am a beginner) that, if the session is opened by a procedure, you should commit your update in order to make your changes available to the next statements.

I hope being helpful Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 12:48:29 CST