Re: my 2 cents

From: Darren Brock <brock_at_governet.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:58:17 -0700

> Would you say conversing with a group of mensans is similar to a conversing
> with any other group of people?

Definitely not!! As seen by this conversation, Mensans are some of the most arrogant people on the planet that never admit that they are wrong. They almost always fall back on a test they took to say that they are a genius and you will never understand because you don't have the mental capacity to ('Anyone who can't explain his ideas to a twelve-year-old is a charlatan' --Albert Einstein). I don't believe a true genius needs to belong to a club to try and make himself feel intelligent, he does so by his actions and by being praised by his professional peers for outstanding ideas and deeds. A far cry from rubbing a club card is everyones face.

By the way, my spellcheck just complained about Mensans not being in the dictionary. Two suggestions were Monsoons (big winds) and Men Sans (as in men without...). So much for basing an argument on irrelevant measures like webpage query surveys and the likes.

Flame away, genius.

Darren

Save the Cycles
Don't commit; hairyquery