Oracle Installation Related !

From: Parvinder Singh <parora_at_questone.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 15:12:12 GMT

Hi All

        I am really into a deep trouble ..After i had installed the Oracle 8.0 server i created a database through Oracle Database Assistant whose SID was ORCL ..now through the SQL NET ASSISTANT i created a service called as ORCL and gave the proper host name and the default port no was as it is kept but now when i press TEST for the testing of the service
it says that "Failed to start a dedicated Server Process " ....whereas in the services i have seen that the corresponding service for the database has been started

Can anyone tell me the steps to be performed after oracle server has been installed ??

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Regards & Thanks In Advance
~Parvinder

P.S : Also reply to parora_at_questone.com Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 09:12:12 CST