Re: Converting a stored procedure from Sybase

From: /jc <johnchewter_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 14:51:34 GMT

In article <pl2f5scd6fp3ggikjn5qptlq6bqa43hf7f_at_4ax.com>,   tkyte_at_us.oracle.com wrote:

Thomas,

thanks for the response, the only one that is possible for me to use is the first as we are running on v8 without support for objects.

Whilst this provides a breakdown of the comma delimited list as a result set I can't find a way of coercing the varchar2s into an argument for the select in clause.

e.g. something like select UserID from Users where UserID in ( test ('jim,bob,mike,fred'));

cheers,
john

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Dec 16 1999 - 08:51:34 CST