Re: my 2 cents

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:04:55 -0500

kevin moriarty wrote:

> My post is meant more as a question than a statement. I would rather learn
> than teach.
>
> Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com> wrote in message
> > kevin moriarty wrote:
> > >
> > > There are three commercially successful dbs in the world. Each
> increasing in
> > > complexity, functionality, and cost.
> > >
> > > access
> > > sql server
> > > oracle
> > >

> > Duh! What about Informix? Sybase? Terradata?
> >
> www.monster.com
> query phoenix then oracle, jobs available=290
> query phoenix then informix, jobs available=33
> query phoenix then sybase, jobs available=88
> query phoenix then terradata, jobs available=0

Absolutely meaningless. If you look closely you will see that most of the entries are put out there by recruiting firms who are bottom feeding for resumes. The chances of them actually having any specfic job on any given day is almost nil. They just like to keep a stack of resumes available on the chance that they might get a crack at sending someone on an interview. They, too, know the most sought-after skills and therefore post more entries for those skills then for the seldom-encountered skills. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 15:04:55 CST