Please Help: Calling Stored Procedures

From: <watsonr4_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 16:10:13 GMT

Hello,
I posted here a few weeks ago, but never got a response, so I thought I'd try again.

I'm using Oracle Forms 4.5 and I need to call various stored procedures in the Oracle database. However, I cannot hard code the stored procedure names in the form (I could, but this way would make things MUCH simplier). I can set a variable equal to the package.procedure I need to call, but cannot figure out how to call it using only a variable name. Here is how I'm setting the variable:

command :=
check_rec.package||'.'||check_rec.proc||'(:range.start_login,:range.end_ login)';

Is it possible to call a stored procedure in Oracle Forms using a variable name???

Thanks,
Ron Watson

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 10:10:13 CST