GMT Time available in Oracle 8.0.5?

From: Arno van Rossum <a.van.rossum_at_mmp-obec.nl>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 17:06:17 +0100

Hello all,

In our database we use tables like:

  CREATE TABLE TEST(

     REMARK     VARCHAR2(100)
     INSERTDATE DATE           DEFAULT SYSDATE );

We do things like: INSERT INTO TEST (REMARK) VALUES ('test') This means, INSERTDATE becomes sysdate, which is local time of this server. In other cases InsertDate is set with an insert trigger.

But now, to compare internationaly, we would like to have something like:
  CREATE TABLE TEST(

     REMARK     VARCHAR2(100)
     INSERTDATE DATE          DEFAULT GMTDATE );

Has Oracle 8.0.5 a function for GMT or socalled UTC? We run on NT Server. In Delphi we are able to read timezone information from NT, is Oracle capable to do that?

Someone out there to help me?

Thanks,

Arno van Rossum
(a.van.rossum_at_mmp-obec.nl) Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 10:06:17 CST