Re: my 2 cents

From: Brian Peasland <peasland_at_edcmail.cr.usgs.gov>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 15:01:02 GMT

Kenneth C Stahl wrote:

> kevin moriarty wrote:
> >
> > There are three commercially successful dbs in the world. Each increasing in
> > complexity, functionality, and cost.
> >
> > access
> > sql server
> > oracle
> >

> Duh! What about Informix? Sybase? Terradata?

And DB2, and ADABAS, and countless others.

> You took a stupid pill this morning didn't you?

> If that is the only one you know of then you need to spend some time
> reading about networking rather than posting lame messages.

Poor comments.

> > there is one development methodology(today + 2 years): webcentric
>
> webcentric will be considered archaic technology in less than six months

Care to offer any discussion on why you feel this way? My opinion is that "webcentric" development will continue to be around for quite some time. While other technologies and development methodologies may come around and be deemed "better" for certain situations, webcentric development will continue to dominate the headlines for the next two years (at least, if not 10)!

> > observations?
>
> My observation? You are a dolt and a troll!

I have to agree with T. Kyte's observations. For more recent history, all one has to do is see the Re: Finding total Rows without count() thread that you participated in only 9 minutes before replying to this thread.

HTH,
Brian Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 09:01:02 CST