Re: graphical table view

From: Roy Richardson <royster_at_erols.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:33:52 GMT

With my copy of Personal Oracle 8.0.3.0.0 there is the Personal Oracle Navigator filename NAV8.EXE which I've begun to experiment with(I'm very new to using Oracle products, still in a class actually). This utility give an interface to Oracle Database Objects very much like using Excel or similar product. It allows you to create, update, insert, delete, whatever you need through it's GUI design.

See if you have that file & fire away. It may take some configuring as when I first started it up, not all tables were displayed. I needed to create a Link to the database objects according to ownership. Since this is all on my home PC, there was no DBA, network manager or other overhead to deal with, at your workplace this may not be the case.

Good luck
Roy Richardson
royster_at_erols.com