Canīt configure Net8

From: Richard Walter <walter_at_hob.de>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:58:49 +0100

Hi,
I try to install Oracle8i Server Release 8.1.5 on AIX 4.3.3

Installation and binding is ok, then after running root.sh, there is a window to start the configuration tools. I see the tool "Net8 Configuration Assistant" with status running and this output in the details section:
#################################

Parsing command line arguments:

	Parameter "orahome"=/usr/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.5
	Parameter "instype"=minimal
	Parameter "inscomp"=client.net8.javavm.server
	Parameter "insprtcl"=tcp,spx,lu62
	Parameter "cfg"=local
	Parameter "authadp"=NO_VALUE

Done parsing command line arguments.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: getOracleHome
	at oracle.net.common.NetProperties<init>(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.net.common.NetProperties.getinstance(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.net.ca.CmdlineArgs.saveParameters(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.net.ca.NetCA<init>(Compiled Code)
	at oracle.net.ca.NetCA.main(Compiled Code)
Error loading native jni library.

The Status remains "running", nothing happens after clicking the "Stop" button. I have to cancel.
When i want to start dbassist or netec from a command line i get similar error messages.

What is wrong?

Best regards,

Richard Received on Wed Dec 15 1999 - 04:58:49 CST