Finding total Rows without count() ?

From: Ken Sproule <kenmn_at_tds.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 01:24:51 GMT

As always, thanks in advance for your help.

I need a fast way to determine the total number of rows in a table. I assume somewhere Oracle stores such information about its tables. Where is it?

The count() type syntaxes take much too long on tables of say 3+ million rows, so I'm looking for a fast way to accomplish it.

Post answers to the group, as others might be interested also.

Thanks,

Ken Sproule
kenmn_at_tds.net Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 19:24:51 CST