BLOB insert/update through remote database

From: Prakash <venkatprakash_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:16:59 GMT

Hi:

I have couple of doubts. First I am trying to insert a BLOB value in to a remote database and the error am getting is table or view dones't exists. !!! Yes trust me.

The line am using is:

insert into tab_at_remote values (temp_blob) where temp_blob is a variable in my PL_SQL procedure.

But the next line works:
insert into tab_at_remote values(empty_blob());

Whats wrong?

2. How can I refer remote table's datatype in my package. For eg:

create or replace package test as
type test_rec is record (

      test_id table_at_remote.test_id%type
      )

end test;

Is this correct? But gave me error saying database link remote not found.

I could connect to that database and populate tables using database link.

PLease help me. I am eager to provide further things, if need be.

Thanks

V Prakash

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 17:16:59 CST