Personal 8 Shortname???

From: Dave Smith <dave_at_nospam.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 17:31:57 -0800

I recently upgraded my laptop from Personal 7 to Personal 8. I can connect and start the local database using SQL Plus by omitting the host string and it loads the local database. I am having problems when supplying a host string from an application.

On 7 I was able to use @2: as the shortname for the local database, this does not seem to work with 8. What happened to the shortname? What did they change it to, anybody know?? How does SQL Plus connect and start the database without a host string?

Driving me nuts...

Thanks,

Dave Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 19:31:57 CST