WebDB on NT 805 trouble

From: Peter Rexer <prexer_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 18:59:35 GMT

I've recently had trouble installing WebDB against a 8.0.5 instance running on NT. It installed okay against my Solaris DB, but the WebDB listener against the NT db complains about OWA and HTP packages not being available.

I'm rather new to NT (and don't like the lack of telnet or cron).

Any suggestions, or has anyone else had this install problem? FYI, Oracle's latest Download of WebDB I had to modify the win32.ins file to get it to install... anyone else having this trouble? Line 534 had to be changed. I commented out the old and inserted the new in order to get the install to complete. It appeared that the string 'tablespace_temp_string' = 'tablespace_temp_string' which was pretty useless, and made the install barf.

/* tablespace_master_string= "%
tablespace_master_string% %tablespace_temp_string%";*/

                             tablespace_master_string= "%
tablespace_master_string% ";

Thanks in advance
Peter

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Dec 14 1999 - 12:59:35 CST