Re: OCI8.0 : ...OCIDescribeAny function call

From: zris <zris_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:13:35 GMT

why are you using the strlen?
if you are using it to describe an objptr then you do not need to pass it the length of name.

if it is a name then I think you objptr must be valid, and it would make sense to for you to do this.

//objptr must be a vlid ptr. aloocate memory.

   strcpy(objptr,"month");
   OCIDescribeAny(svchp, errhp, (text *)objptr,

                  (ub4) strlen(objptr), OCI_OTYPE_NAME,	(ub1)1,
                  OCI_PTYPE_TABLE, dschp);