Re: H.E.L.P! w Delete Beginning pauper needs help

From: Darren Brock <brock_at_governet.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:55:03 -0700

ZC
part 1
  you could set up a constraint on the child table that cascades the delete from the parent table.
  CONSTRAINT key_name FOREIGN KEY (foreign_key_field) REFERENCES referenced_table (tables_primary_key) ON DELETE CASCADE

 should work.

part 2
  upper or lower case both sides of where clause   ex..
  DELETE from GRADE_TYPE
  WHERE UPPER(echelon) = UPPER('retrival');

Darren