Advice pls: differences between Personal Oracle 8 & Oracle8i Lite?

From: Bob Sykes <bob.sykes_at_gecm.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 19:47:53 +0000

Hi,

could someone please provide some advice regarding the fundamental differences between Personal Oracle8 and Oracle8Lite.

I have until recently had PO8 installed on my notebook, and to support some
development work I'm starting on I thought I'd try out Oracle8Lite as it has
some features that I don't believe come with PO8 (mainly web development

features).

My questions are:

Can I install one over the other?

Can I install them so that I have multiple Oracle homes?

If I can't have both on do I need to uninstall one before installing the

other?

Advice appreciated.

Carl Sarelius
ithink_at_bigpond.com Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 13:47:53 CST