Re: Procedure too big?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:46:58 +0800

Bill Cohagan wrote:

> [Using Oracle 8.0.4 PE]
>
> What is the maximum number of characters allowed in the text defining a
> stored procedure? I've got some large procedures that won't compile and I
> can't find anything wrong with the procedures themselves. (They are large
> because they use some nested views.)
>
> I looked in the "documentation" and was unable to find a specific limit. I
> think I saw one limit of 500 *lines* (assuming 80 chars/line), but my
> procedures are not that long (in lines.)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Bill

It used to be about 64k but I think that limit has been increased in 8.0 or 8.1...Now I think that there is no set limit - its more dependent on the number of variables, levels etc

HTH
--

Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue." Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 04:46:58 CST