Re: Help! Backup & Recovery in Oracle8 enterprise edition

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 10:34:53 -0800

TAD wrote:

> Personally, I prefer to use a full export. We export the complete database
> everynight, just to be on the safe side. If your database is not huge, and
> you can afford the backup media, then IMHO this is the best approach

An export is probably the worst backup/recovery method. With exports as your only backup:

From the Oracle8 Backup and Recovery Guide, Release 8.0, A58396-01:

"Database exports are not a substitute for physical backups and cannot provide the same complete recovery advantages that the built-in functionality of Oracle offers." Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 12:34:53 CST