Re: Database Integrity

From: Ed Prochak <prochak_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 18:01:40 GMT

In article <385422D2.258B58B9_at_net.ntl.com>,   "adam.filby" <adam.filby_at_net.ntl.com> wrote:
> Oracle 8i
>
> I am new to using oracle and as part of my work at university need to
> investigate how oracle enforces entity, referential and semantic
> integrity on a distributed database, does any one have any views on
> this.
>
> Any opinions would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam

A good place to start is their Database Administrator Manuals. That is one thing I have always liked about ORACLE is their well organized documentation. Not perfect, but often helpful.

Anyway those manuals have a concepts section. That will give you their approach much better than I can in a short message like this.

Good luck and keep asking questions.

--
Ed Prochak
Magic Interface, Ltd.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 12:01:40 CST