Re: Calling a DOS program from within Forms Funtime

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1999 15:41:01 GMT

You have tried to cover all the possible info needed but - what is the directory structure? is the process and file you are trying to access
in the same directory as the module using the host() command? if not you must use the full path name for the file. Becca
> Hi
> I am trying to run a DOS program that MUST be run from my
local drive , I.E
> "C:\".
> This program gets an ASCII file, that was created by the run
time.
> The problems are :
> How can I get the DOS program to run, without using the
"Host();" function,
> It doesn't work. That's to say:
>
> If I am running the DOS program by itself, it runs well.
> But when I run it by "Host()" it doesn't seem to be able to
read the file
> that was created and copied to her folder. Even though it CAN
read the file
> and run well, while running alone, not form within the forms.
>
> How can I get this program to act like it would under the
"Host();"

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=8225&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7348 Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:41:01 CST