Re: Why is this cursor running so long?

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 13 Dec 1999 15:40:00 GMT

As you (probably?) know, the optimizer tends to get clueless when it comes to variables. It's difficult to optimize when you have no clue about the value ranges. Let me ask a couple of questions that might help me give a better answer.
Your problem may be due to differing data formats, though. What type is mlr_load_view.hour_ending? Further still, if you're going thru a view, is the view also doing a (-n implicit, slow) conversion?
Lastly, what hints did you give?
I would ensure than p_start_date and p_end_date are declared as the same type as hour_ending.

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=8362&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7336 Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 09:40:00 CST