Re: Oracle Export/Import NT to Unix

From: Greg Norris <gregnorris_at_one.net.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 00:35:53 +1100

About the only thisng I can think of is the file format. Taking it from NT to Unix, as you say should be no problem as a .dmp file is a .dmp file. However I have experienced problems with transferring files. The best way I know of is to use FTP. In doing this the FTP on Unix will convert the linefeeds to record breaks. Well this is how it works with ascii text. I am not sure with binaries. They should be the same any way but as Unix stores its data in strings and DOS based systems in records I suspect it could be the same for binairies.

All the best, please let us know how you went. Greg.