Procedure too big?

From: Bill Cohagan <bill_at_XNOSPAMXteraquest.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 01:24:59 -0600

[Using Oracle 8.0.4 PE]

What is the maximum number of characters allowed in the text defining a stored procedure? I've got some large procedures that won't compile and I can't find anything wrong with the procedures themselves. (They are large because they use some nested views.)

I looked in the "documentation" and was unable to find a specific limit. I think I saw one limit of 500 *lines* (assuming 80 chars/line), but my procedures are not that long (in lines.)

Thanks in advance,
 Bill Received on Mon Dec 13 1999 - 01:24:59 CST