tuning of views

From: PERPEN Manuel <manuel.perpen_at_free.fr>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 23:13:03 GMT

Hello

I'm working with Oracle and i have a big problem with a request with wiews. I have to use a request composed of 3 views. I have to wait 8 hours to have the result but i need less than 6 minutes to have the result of every of the view with a separate treatment. When i use the result of every view in access i need 3 seconds to have the final result.

View1 : 2500 lines in 2 minutes
View2 : 4000 lines in 4 minutes
View3: 2000 lines in 2 minutes
The final request composed of view1 ,view2 and view3 : 8 hours The results of view1, view2 and View3 in ACCESS : 3 seconds.

I think that it's not possible for access to be faster than oracle!! If you have an idea i thank you very much to send me an email at manuel.perpen_at_free.fr Received on Sun Dec 12 1999 - 17:13:03 CST