Re: What happened to speed?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postmaster_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 06:06:21 +0100

This looks like you are using cost based optimizer, and the statistics in the dictionary are not in sync with the actual situation. Hence it is choosing the wrong driving table, or still performing full table scans and merge/hash joins where using indexes would have been more appropiate. There should be sites like www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk or http://www.ipass.net/~dsisk/oont
However, tuning is such a broad subject it will never be handled in full on a website.

Hth,

--
Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA