Advice please: Personal Oracle8 vs Oracle8Lite

From: Carl Sarelius <Carl.Sarelius_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 02:10:10 -0000

Hi,

could someone please provide some advice regarding the fundamental differences between Personal Oracle8 and Oracle8Lite.

I have until recently had PO8 installed on my notebook, and to support some development work I'm starting on I thought I'd try out Oracle8Lite as it has some features that I don't believe come with PO8 (mainly web development features).

My questions are:

Can I install one over the other?

Can I install them so that I have multiple Oracle homes?

If I can't have both on do I need to uninstall one before installing the other?

Advice appreciated.

Carl Sarelius
ithink_at_bigpond.com Received on Sat Dec 11 1999 - 20:10:10 CST