Re: Oracle, IIS 4.0 Returning 0's for Number fields

From: Keith Boulton <boulke_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 10:09:38 GMT

On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 08:35:33 -0700, "Carey Martinez" <carey.martinez_at_gwl.com> wrote:

>I have a developer who is creating an Web based application using VB, IIS
>4.0 and trying to access an Oracle 734 database. I have installed the
>Oracle8i Client software. This resolved our connection problems to the
>oracle database, however, every time we attempt to retrieve a number field
>the field is returned with a 0. All character fields come back fine. Any
>Ideas?

This is a bug in the OLE DB provider I think to do with mapping oracle datatypes on ole db datatypes. I found I had to add zero to the columns involved e.g. select id+0 from... instead of select id from... At that point I decided to use Oracle objects for ole instead. Received on Sat Dec 11 1999 - 04:09:38 CST