Oracle7.3 and SCO OpenServer 5.0.5

From: René Langevin <rlangevin_at_cmasol.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:22:34 -0500

Hi!

    I have SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 and I installed Oracle7.3. When I try to create a db, in SVRMGRL, I have this error message :

ORA-07331 smsnsg: unable to allocate the variable portion of the SGA.

    On the Oracle Support Site, I have this answer :

Cause : The variable portion of the SGA is too big to fit contiguously into one
segment.

Action : Reconfigure the UNIX kernel to have bigger segments.

So, my question is, how I do that?????

Thanks! Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 14:22:34 CST