Can I write Java objects through JWeb cartridge?

From: Shannon Hickey <shickey_at_frameworks.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 11:16:06 -0500

Hello,

I have a java servlet that produces output as java objects (such as vectors) through ObjectOutputStream streams. This allows java clients to connect to the servlet and perform communication directly with objects rather than ascii. My problem is that I now wish to run this java servlet under the JWeb cartridge. However, the JWeb cartridge seems to only support text output through either System.out or HTMLStream. I understand that you can set the content type of your output, but I am wondering if there is any support for sending java objects as bytecode under the JWeb cartridge. Or is my only hope to install another listener that directly supports servlets?

I would appreciate a cc of any response to my e-mail (shickey_at_frameworks.ca)

Thank you for your help,
Shannon

--
Shannon Hickey
shickey_at_frameworks.ca Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 10:16:06 CST