Too Many Open cursors - but not from a PL/SQL pkg

From: <c_dopp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 15:34:30 GMT

I read some recent posts about issues that arise when cursors in PL/SQL are not explicitly closed.
We have a Tanga Web Logic server which manages a connection pool to an ORACLE 8 database running on HP-UX. The JDBC driver seems to be using one session in v$open_cursors to wreak havoc. By looking at sql_text, there are a couple statements that consistently increment open cursors, but mostly I just have a bunch of different select statements with no pattern - some selecting a nextval from a sequence, some doing brief select queries.

How can I pinpoint what the issue is - anyone had this problem before?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me - our new app is maxing out of cursors after only a couple hours with only five users on the system!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 09:34:30 CST