Re: Insufficient Privileges Creating Tables / Sequences / Triggers

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 14:49:16 GMT

In article <82qteh$qf5$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   john_galt29_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Actually this is a follow up to a previous message, about "Who is the
> database user when you login from the web?" Well I have looked through
> my Web Admin pages and found out we only have two users. Both of these
> users have ALTER ANY TABLE access and yet when I go to create a
trigger
> (and another user, on a very similar system when he tries to create
ANY
> object, table, sequence or trigger using the same script ...) I get an
> error, ORA-01031: insufficient privileges.
>
> I just don't get it! I logged in as system and gave ALTER ANY TABLE
> privileges directly to both DB users and yet I still have this error.
>
> I don't know ... I read in a tech bulletin that when you use DBMS_SQL
> any privileges granted through roles don't apply, that you have to
> grent the access directly. Well I DID that! It seems to me that this
> error is not accurate, that it's impossible that it's an access issue!
>
> Anyone had this problem? I would really appreciate some help!
>
> Thanks!
> John

The 'alter any table' privilege only allows altering an existing table not creating new ones or altering other objects. You need to grant each object privilege that you want the userid to be able to do

The SQL manual has a complete list of system and object privileges listed with the grant command. Try "grant create trigger to xxxx ;" There are also 'alter trigger' and 'alter any trigger' privileges.

I hope this helps.
--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Dec 10 1999 - 08:49:16 CST